Tirami-cycling-su: a dessert with coffee as main ingredient
It's the perfect day to share one of our favourite desserts with coffee as main ingredient. Because at October 1st, it's International Coffee Day. Fun to make and delicious to eat: the tirami-cycling-su.
Ingredients (10 persons)
4 cups of espresso or 2 cups of coffee
800 grams high protein chocolate pudding
100 grams FrieslandCampina Whey vanilla
350 grams egg white
350 grams lady fingers
1 vanilla pod
100 grams vanilla sugar
150 grams cane sugar
200 gram Alpro Dessert Vanille
10 grams cacao powder
20 grams slivered almonds
1. Make four cups of espresso or two cups of coffee. Stir together the cane sugar with the coffee until the sugar is dissolved. Put away so it can cool.
2. Stir the protein together with the vanilla sugar in a fat free bowl.
3. Shake the whey in a bottle with some water until it's lumpness. Blend it together with the Alpro Dessert Vanille.4. Cut the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the marrow. Stir this into the vanilla whey mixture as well.
5. Now gently fold the vanilla whey mixture into the egg whites. The volume of the mixture should decrease slightly.
6. Take a package of ladyfingers. Dip it into the coffee mixture and place on the serving dish.
7. Spoon half of the vanilla whey mixture over the lady fingers and smooth it out.
8. Layer the chocolate pudding over the vanilla whey mixture.
9. Now make a second layer of a package of lady fingers dipped in coffee.
10. Spoon the remaining vanilla whey mixture over the lady fingers and smooth it out.
11. Bake the slivered almond until golden brown in a saucepan without oil.
12. Sprinkle the cocoa over the vanilla whey layer and garnish with the almond shavings.
"Let the tirami-cycling-su rest in the fridge for at least four hours. Or make it the day before: even better!"