Recipe: Pizza di Giro Donne
The Giro d’Italia Donne is in full swing and we take you to Italy, the land of pizza. Check the recipe of our Performance Chefs here.
Pizza is a favourite Italian dish of many. Because of the large amount of carbohydrates in pizza, the riders can use it to supplement their energy needs. By the way, it is always important to replenish your carbohydrates, whether you are cycling the Giro or faithfully following it from the couch.
To keep the pizza for our athletes Foodcoach-proof, we serve a modified recipe: Pizza di Giro Donne. The usual tomato sauce and mozzarella in this recipe have been replaced by more protein-rich products to further enhance recovery. With this recipe you can enjoy the Italian atmosphere, just like our riders.
White pumpkin sportspizza
Ingredients for 1 pizza
- 100 grams pumpkin
- 1 tsp honey
- 120 grams pizza dough
- 60 grams filo pastry
- 70 grams ricotta cheese
- Pepper and salt
- Fresh thyme
- 30 grams of mushrooms
- ¼ red onion
- A few black olives
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 220°.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes of 1.5 by 1.5 centimetres. Spread them on a baking tray and sprinkle with honey. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 190°.
- Spread the pizza dough and cover with an even layer of filo pastry. Divide the ricotta over the filo pastry crust and season with salt, pepper and some fresh thyme leaves.
- Take the diced pumpkin, sliced mushrooms, sliced red onion and black olives and divide over the pizza.
- Season with more salt and pepper and finish with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.